mdadm bugs 946758 and 946344 (was: Re: Private bugs - mdadm)

Tim Frost timfrost at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jul 3 08:57:15 UTC 2012

Dmitrijs,

On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 12:35 +0100, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
> On 02/07/12 12:25, Tim Frost wrote:
> > I am one of a number of people affected by an apparent bug in mdadm.
> > The official master bug in launchpad is marked as private - #946758
[trimmed]
> Automatically filed bugs via apport are all initially marked as private.
> Ubuntu BugSquad works on the bugs and trianges / makes them public if
> there is no sensitive data in the bug report and the automatically
> attached files.
>
> I have checked the attachments on the bug, and there doesn't seem to be
> anything private (apart from hostnames, user names & mount points).
>
> I therefore have now marked the bug public.

Thanks for that.

Now that I can see activity and comments for both bug reports, I see
that apport-retrace has changed the summary in bug 946758, although the
crash reports on the affected systems that I run show the same
information as in bug 946344.

What is the best forum for discussing these specific bugs?  And, as an
affected user, how can I assist in working to identify cause, and/or
possible fixes [the affected systems are my work desktop, and my main
home system, so I don't want to put alpha code on either of them]?

Tim

--
Tim Frost <timfrost at xtra.co.nz>