12.04 OpenSSL Package Question

Chris Woollard cwoollard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 12:31:11 UTC 2012

I am sure that this can be answered very quickly.

I was browsing the list of packages in 12.04 at
http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/allpackages?format=txt.gz

I noticed that the openssl packages are only at version
1.0.0e-3ubuntu1 - openssl
(1.0.0e-3ubuntu1) Secure Socket Layer (SSL) binary and related
cryptographic tools

Yet when I was browsing the Debian packages at
http://packages.debian.org/testing/allpackages?format=txt.gz

The version is openssl (1.0.0g-1) - openssl (1.0.0g-1) Secure Socket Layer
(SSL) binary and related cryptographic tools

Is there any reason for this discrepancy? I guess that this could be as
simple as that was the version when the last sync was made, but I thought I
would check anyway.

Thanks
Chris