The cloud directory name "Ubuntu One" has a space in it....

Rodney Dawes rodney.dawes at canonical.com
Thu Dec 27 15:45:17 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-12-27 at 14:15 +0100, Fredrik Öhrström wrote:
> 2012/12/26 J Fernyhough <j.fernyhough at gmail.com>:
> > Call it a feature request instead. "Customise default sync folder on
> > first setup". Every Linux-compatible sync client has this option.  It
> > also neatly sidesteps any similar issues without requiring any extra
> > steps in the user workflow.
>
> Yes, that would work fine! As well as my original suggestion that
> the default sync folder can be renamed after the Ubuntu One setup.
> Where should I post the feature request? As a bug in launchpad,
> or in brainstorm?

You already can change the default sync folder location. It is
unsupported,
and there won't be UI to change it.

If you file a bug in Launchpad about the space in the name, it will be
marked duplicate of the already existing bug, which has been marked
won't fix.

And you really shouldn't compile things within a synchronized directory.
If
you have two different machines of different architectures, the compiled
binaries
being synchronized could cause problems. As Dmitrijs suggested, you
should be
using a source control system for storing source code, like bzr, which
Ubuntu One
is not.