non-free software in Ubuntu

Enrico Weigelt enrico.weigelt at vnc.biz
Wed Dec 5 10:26:26 UTC 2012

> > Could those packages be candidates for the multiverse section ?
>
> Yes, but IANAL. Your license needs to allow distribution.

Of course.

We havent't decided on the exact terms yet. Our goal is:

a) allow distros to redistribute the binary packages AS-IS
   (for now just .deb's, maybe .rpm and other will follow)
b) deny integrators to repackage and essentially sell it as their own,
   (these parties should have explicit contracts with us)
c) free-of-charge for small companies, personal or educational use

This only affects a few packages that contain branch specific
business logic (it's not so much about the actual code, but the
business process knowledge behind), which are developed on
specific demands from our partners.

General-purpose helper modules etc will be FOSS anyways.

cu
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Enrico Weigelt