How to install Precise without getting screwed?

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Thu Apr 12 04:04:44 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, April 11, 2012 08:44:18 PM Dane Mutters wrote:
> For what it's worth, I came into this discussion hoping to outline specific
> problems in the GUI design process and come to useful conclusions about how
> to fix it.  It would seem that, while many of the people here are, indeed,
> worth talking to, there are enough who are certainly not, that such an
> effort is basically wasted.  I'm sorry that this list is insufficiently
> tolerant/intelligent/wise to value what would, in other circles, be
> worthwhile conversation.

Part of the problem you're having in this discussion is that Ubuntu developers
don't develop Unity.  It's a separate project within Canonical that operates
much like any upstream does.  The distribution developers have some influence
and do, in some cases, contribute to it, but it's not primarily their work.

If you're trying to reach the driving minds behind Unity, this isn't the right
place.  There is a mailing list, called unity-design or some similar title
that might be better.

Scott K