How to install Precise without getting screwed?

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Wed Apr 11 20:39:19 UTC 2012

Dale, please note that this is the "ubuntu-devel-discuss" list.

You are not talking to Canonical.  You're not even talking to the main developer list "ubuntu-devel".
This is an "open-to-anyone" list and I don't even know how many developers pay attention to it.  They certainly pay less attention to a thread with a title like this one.

This is a place where people, mostly volunteers, typically try to get started in making technical contributions to Ubuntu, which is why people keep trying to steer the conversation back to concrete suggestions, bug reports, etc.  That's how we get stuff done here.

If you want to talk business, this is not the right place, nor is it the right place to get someone else to talk business on your behalf.
To talk business, I'd suggest either giving Canonical a call, or looking at the huge variety of support options (from Canonical and from many many others) at http://www.ubuntu.com/support

If you're not interested in a business relationship (which might well involve money), perhaps you could take it up with the Technical Board, or the Community Council.

Or really get involved, by coming to the Ubuntu Developer Summit, or digging in to the aspect of Ubuntu where you could have the best leverage.

But this is not the place to address the concerns you have, at least in the way you're trying to frame them.

Neal McBurnett                 http://neal.mcburnett.org/