How to install Precise without getting screwed?

Dale Amon amon at vnl.com
Wed Apr 11 20:04:47 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 09:33:54PM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> You also assume that
> - what you used before was "meet(ing) customer needs" better than
> Unity, it might be true for you or your customer, it doesn't mean
> your case is the most common one in the world

Just curious, what is the customer base
you are working with? I do systems for
investor conferences (for a large NY bank);
various moderate sized accountancy firms (DC area)
and a number of aerospace companies (New Space
market segment, ie private space).

I also often work side by side with techs from the big
broadcast networks and guys who have worked
on Wall Street. (It's nice work while the contracts
are running... I'd do nicely if those gigs were
more regular.) The folks I deal with have racks of
gear in colo's in Manhattan.

Also, I've been around the patch a bit and know a lot
of folks and what their requirements are... hint: my
first program was in Fortran on a 360/67 at Carnegie
Mellon.