Brainstorming for UDS-P

Barry Warsaw barry at
Sat Sep 24 01:57:09 UTC 2011

On Sep 23, 2011, at 08:12 PM, Scott Kitterman wrote:

>On Friday, September 23, 2011 07:55:24 PM Barry Warsaw wrote:
>> * Python 3 only on the CDs.
>Not feasible for Kubuntu unless an upstream Python 3 port for python-dbus 
>appears (which python-qt4/pykde4 can support).

Yep, I fully expect there will be some critical packages that we'll have to
port ourselves, mostly because upstream won't have done them yet.  Allison
started a list of these for UDS-O so I think we have good data to start from,
but will likely need updating.  We can hash that out at UDS-P.

>> * Python 2.6 dropped.
>Yes.  We should do this as part of the toolchain setup for P so it's in place 
>for the first autosync (this will require a decision pre-UDS).

I think we pretty much have that decision (Scott knows all this :).  At UDS-O
we came up with a set of criteria for when we'd commit to making this change.
Since Debian didn't switch to 2.7 as the default by Oneiric feature freeze,
our previous plan comes into effect, as you describe above.  So unless anyone
has objections now, we should indeed make this happen for P's toolchain setup.

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <>

More information about the Ubuntu-devel-discuss mailing list