Where is the chooser chooser?

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 6 18:27:49 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 11:28:29AM -0600, Vernon Cole wrote:
> The Beta is _very_ not ready for prime time.  In particular, the
> chooser (is that the correct name for the gui login screen?)

It's called a greeter.  The default one (for bug-filing, etc.) is
"unity-greeter".

> In the past, I was allowed to choose my keyboard map and my window
> manager from selections at the bottom of the screen, with defaults to
> the last choice I made.

I don't have multiple keyboard layouts set here, so I can't tell for
sure how unity-greeter would behave in that case, but I just checked and
found that there's a cog icon next to my name in the greeter.  Clicking
that presents me with a drop-down menu of available sessions.