Proposal to delay release of Precise Pangolin

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 15:02:49 UTC 2011

2011/10/19 Dustin Kirkland <kirkland at ubuntu.com>:
> The 12.04.1 (the first of the "dot" releases") is scheduled for 23
> August 2012, which is about 4 months after the 12.04 release (26 April
> 2012).  The "dot" release is, in fact, a bug-fix and
> hardware-enablement only release cycle.  Realistically, some
> enterprise server and corporate desktop users won't upgrade until that
> first "dot" release.

Actually since Update Manager only starts offering 10.04 LTS -> 12.04
LTS around the .1 time frame, most of the LTS users won't upgrade
until then. I think that's great and precisely like it should be. Most
of the current 11.10 users will upgrade to 12.04 earlier, and already
get a lot more polished release than the usual half-yearly. Then the
LTS users should get a really smooth experience in August with the
additional fixes.

-Timo