Brainstorming for UDS-P

Daniel Hollocher danielhollocher at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 21:07:36 UTC 2011

> ubuntu-restricted-extras
>
> Most of the stuff in ubuntu-restricted-extras is either not restricted
> or in partner now.  Perhaps this should be broken out into ubuntu-extras
> and ubuntu-restricted-extras?
>
> Micah

Another issue is that it looks like it is pulling in the FOSS version of
java, rather than the restricted version from sun/oracle.  I think that is a
confusing setup.

Maybe this stemmed from the idea that java is open source now, so openjdk
should be the same.  But that isn't true [1].  And I happen to be aware of
more specifically that there are issues with Java2D [2].

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/faq/
[2] http://openjdk.java.net/groups/2d/