GNOME Panel dropped in 11.10

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Thu May 5 08:55:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 4:52 AM, Francis Bolduc <fbolduc at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm left with this dilemma. Neither Unity nor GNOME Shell fits my
> needs. What am I going to do in 6 months?

Adapt and move on. And what is with the thing about do not recognizing
icons? Do you have some psychological disability or are you just stubborn?
(I am being serious here).

> Am I missing something or the interface and the workflow I've been
> using, and depending on, for the last 6 years is endangered?

Not at all. No one said you need to upgrade, to begin with. Second, it is
free software. Don't like what you see? Download the source, compile and be
happy. You can even run gnome 1 if you want, sources are around.

If you want to stay using the latest version of GNOME, well, things are
changing and are not under the control of Ubuntu. It is responsibility  of
the GNOME team, and decisions were already made. If you upgrade, you agree
with them. It is that simple.

--
[]
Alexandre Strube, PhD