[Oneiric topic] IPv6

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sun May 1 00:44:46 UTC 2011

Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre schreef op za 30-04-2011 om 14:18 [-0400]:
> Well, I didn't mention this precisely because the mirrors and other
> services aren't IPv6 ready,

Some mirrors are IPv6-ready, e.g. the ones operated by BIT
(nl.archive.ubuntu.com aka ubuntuarchive.bit.nl), BelNet (ftp.belnet.be)
and HeaNet (ie.archive.ubuntu.com aka ubuntu.ftp.heanet.ie).

> but I thought it would be nice if the UDS
> infrastructure was at least v6 ready: that you can get addresses, etc.

If people want to update/install from IPv6-ready mirrors, I'm sure those
3 don't mind a little bit of extra traffic...   ;-)

Another idea: why not do an IPv6-only day at UDS to test what works and
what not?  If the infrastructure allows that of course...

--
Jan Claeys