Very odd issue, dead spots on screen

John Moser john.r.moser at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 12:34:24 UTC 2011

I killed and restarted compiz and restarted it and this happened:

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7030/screenshotzvb.png

Other strangeness ... another one appeared.

I'm starting to think that these are right-click context menus that
failed to properly initialize.  They're coming from Chromium.

bluefox at icebox:~$ xwininfo -all

xwininfo: Please select the window about which you
          would like information by clicking the
          mouse in that window.

xwininfo: Window id: 0x512035b "Chromium"

  Root window id: 0x156 (the root window) (has no name)
  Parent window id: 0x156 (the root window) (has no name)
     1 child:
     0x5120359 (has no name): ()  1x1+-1+-1  +404+308