/etc/init.d/cryptdisks does not have a working start option

Trenton Ivey trenton.ivey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 15:28:02 UTC 2011

Ubuntu-devel-discuss,

I hope this is the appropriate place to make this post; it is not quite
a bug, so I did not feel that it was worth reporting it as such.  I am
currently using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.  It appears that the only way to
manually start the cryptdisks service once it has been stopped is by
using the restart or reload options (i.e. "service cryptdisks reload").
Is there a reason that the start option within the init.d script does
not include "do_start"?  If not, should the script be updated to include
a working start option?

Thank you,
Trenton