Request to upgrade the assaultcube package in Multiverse Repository

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Tue Apr 26 07:20:11 UTC 2011

On 2011-04-24 23:54, Rafael Barreto wrote:
> Hello fellows,
>
> Sorry for my bad english.
>
> This is the second time we try to call your attention over this same old issue.
> The assaultcube version provided by your repository (1.0.4repack1-1)
> is *unplayable*, since our 1.0 masterserver was turned off almost one
> year ago.
>
> Please, we would like to know if we are responsible for packaging an
> upgrade for you. If so, please reply this mail providing us some
> instructions to create and send the proper package. We apologize our
> ignorance.
>
> Also we would like to request to you to remove the outdated package
> from your repository as soon as possible.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Best regards
> Brahma
>
> Visit our main site: http://assault.cubers.net
> Interact with us: http://forum.cubers.net
> Follow the development: http://sourceforge.net/projects/actiongame

Hi Brahma and thanks for raising the issue. You're not responsible for
providing packaging, but since Debian - where this game is packaged
originally - is made up of volunteers, they might not have had the
time/priority to deal with this issue.

If I were you, I'd write an email to the Debian Games Team
<pkg-games-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org>, and ask them if they need
assistance, and if there is anything that can be done to speed up the
process of updating accaultcube to a new version in Debian.

You can also point them to this bug which is probably the same as what
you're talking about:

That is, unless the collective mind of this mailinglist has a better
idea :-)

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic