Late-cycle UI changes and Documentation

Jim Campbell jwcampbell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 16:36:44 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I'm working on system docs for 11.04, and am noticing some late UI changes.
For example, with today's updates, I noticed that you can display the
Launcher just by pressing your mouse against the far left side of the
screen. Previously, I had to move my mouse the top corner. Other UI changes
might not be as easy for me to notice, though.

Is it feasible for the docs team to be notified of such changes? With GNOME,
the docs team is notified of all post-ui-freeze UI changes (actually, two
release managers and someone from the docs team needs to sign-off on the
changes after a certain point).  It makes it much easier to keep track of
what is changing, and what needs to be updated in the docs.

Thanks for your consideration,

Jim

PS. Yes, I know the docs are in a not-so-great state for Natty, but we are
working on them, and I think people will be pleasantly surprised at how
they've improved once they are done. Check out: bzr branch
lp:~ubuntu-core-doc/gnome-user-docs/natty-unity
Then do "yelp gnome-help/C/" (without the quotes) from within that branch to
see the current state.