Progress-bar Menu for Indicator Applet?

Evan eapache at gmail.com
Wed May 26 15:00:02 UTC 2010

I was in the middle of a couple of things, and realized I needed to
reorganize my workspaces because they were getting quite messy.

By the end, I had an entire workspace dedicated to progress-bars:
- Downloads (Firefox and Transmission)
- File Moves/Copies
- Software Center Installs
- F-Spot Importing
- Brasero CD Burning

Since we already have a Messaging Menu, why not a "Progess Bar" Menu
for indicator applet? Applications could register there and use it the
same way they use the Messaging Menu. This would allow users to close
or 'hide' all of the little dialogues they end up with for
long-running tasks, and have everything nicely grouped in their panel.

Thoughts?

Evan