Replace F-Spot with Solang?

Lucian Adrian Grijincu lucian.grijincu at gmail.com
Sat May 15 10:43:58 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Mario Vukelic
<mario.vukelic at dantian.org> wrote:
> I don't have an ongoing problem with the importing of photos, since new
> photos are on the camera's SD card anyway, and of course I want to have
> them copied somewhere. Though yes, initially it *was* a big step to give
> up on my existing directory hierarchy and surrender to F-Spot, and I do
> think that it can be a hurdle, even though I'm personally happy with
> having done so.

One should also consider the a dual-booter's experience with F-Spot.
You may be considering switching to Ubuntu but for any kind of reason
you're still stuck using Windows (be it games, or some Windows-only
software, etc.).

During the years you have amassed an impressive collection of photos
that you've carefully organised, categorized, tagged, named, etc.
Such collections typically occupy at least a few GB or a few tens of GB.

How would you feel if F-Spot demanded importing all those photos by
copying the to your 15GB Ubuntu partition? Wouldn't you think F-Spot
(or if you're not very techy: Ubuntu) is inferior to your Windows
tools?

--
 .
..: Lucian