Windows controls: new button layout

Chris Jones chrisjones at
Sat May 8 00:24:49 UTC 2010

>>Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 09:00:10 +0200
>>From: V for Vortex <vforvortex at>
>>If you are using Windows and Ubuntu together, it may be better for you
>>to have the buttons at the same location on both systems. On the
>>other hand, Mac+Ubuntu users should be happier with the new layout.
>>I control my windows mostly with the keyboard (compiz has some great
>>options for this), so I am not bothered with the new layout most of the
>>time. ;)

I caved in. But I tried. Believe me, I really tried. Since my post, I have
changes theme to a more traditional feel for the buttons and a cause for
less confusion to my rusting old brain.

I agree, if you dual boot with Windows, it's just too confusing.

Chris Jones
Photographic Imaging Professional and Graphic Designer
ABN: 98 317 740 240

Photo Resolutions
Email: <chrisjones at>