Appearance of active window in bottom bar

Evan eapache at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 22:10:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Aaron Whitehouse
<lists at whitehouse.org.nz> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've used Ubuntu since Hoary and love it.
>
> One thing that I have found has caught me out a lot recently is the
> appearance of active and minimised windows in the bottom bar. I find
> that, especially in Lucid, I get these the wrong way around. This is a
> real issue for me, as I often right-click close a window from the bottom
> bar without checking it. Obviously, this is more of a problem when I
> only have two windows open, as with three you can see which is not like
> the others.
>
> I think that the issue is caused by an inactive window being displayed
> in a way that reminds me of a depressed button, which makes me think
> that it is active. The active window, by contrast, is grey and looks
> raised, which reminds me of a button that needs to be pressed and an
> inactive window (grey often means inactive).
>
> This may just be me, but I wanted to raise the issue in case it isn't.

It's not just you. I've also found this to be a bit of an annoyance.

I normally have enough windows open to avoid it, but I agree that with
just two windows open the Window List feels like its gotten something
backwards.

Since this was probably an explicit decision with the new themes, I'd
be very interested in hearing the reasoning behind it.

Cheers,
Evan