Removal of notification area

V for Vortex vforvortex at versanet.de
Thu Jun 10 14:55:06 UTC 2010

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:43:45 +0100
Matthew Paul Thomas <mpt at canonical.com> wrote:

> Once it is removed, it will not be possible to re-add the notification
> area applet (or any other applet) to the Unity panel.

Will it be possible to replace the Unity panel then? ]:}

To be serious, I don't like this kind of forcing one's own view of
usability onto the users. GNU/Linux is all about free customization.
Give the user your preferred applications, but let him choose what
he/she wants to use.

Ciao

V.

--
"An Open Source project that is disconnected from community is like
trying to make beautiful music having never heard a song."