Aptitude included in Maverick by default

Chris Jones chrisjones at comcen.com.au
Sat Jul 3 00:18:56 UTC 2010

Thanks for dragging this up again Paul. I have moved on from this
discussion but felt the need to reply since you seem to have
misunderstood what I meant by my original comments.

To clarify; I was not stating that apt-get is a substitute for
aptitude. I was not stating that dpkg is a substitute for aptitude.
And I was not stating that gdebi is a substitute for aptitude. I was
stating that the between the three combined as a team of apps, you can
pretty much do everything possible that aptitude can do. Yes, with
more hands on work and more commands. But it's all there for those who
want it make use of it.

I'm not going to go over it all again as I feel it unnecessary to do
so. Unless of course you still misunderstand my point-of-view.

Regards

--
Chris Jones
Photographic Imaging Professional and Graphic Designer

Photo Resolutions - Photo Printing, Editing and Restorations
Web: http://photoresolutions.freehostia.com
Email: <chrisjones at comcen.com.au> or <ubuntu_cj at comcen.com.au>

Fedora Design Suite Developer and Co-Maintainer
Email: <foxmulder881 at fedoraproject.org>