Shouldn't update-manager's "check for updates" setting have an "hourly" option?

Nathan Dorfman na at rtfm.net
Thu Jul 1 15:18:06 UTC 2010

I'm not sure how you can say "I honestly cannot think of a single bug (even
security related) that would be so critical a user needs it on the hour
instead of once a day."

What would your reaction be if you were to learn that you had been
browsing the web for the past 12 hours with a remotely exploitable
version of firefox? Just shrug it off and continue with your day?