how to propose a new feature on Ubuntu?

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Thu Jan 28 10:17:58 UTC 2010

Hi Marco

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Marco Pallotta
<marco.pallotta at gmail.com> wrote:
> In this last page I was suggested to contact ubuntu-devel-discuss
> mailing list about my idea. So I did it.
> In fact I proposed a new feature on 7 Jan 2010 ("making a workaround
> web page for bugs, in LTS release, not fixed"). This proposed was
> discussed (there were 8 posts) but then nothing. What does it mean? If
> no Ubuntu developer (I suppose we refer to Canonical official
> developer) replied to this proposal does it mean that, at the moment,
> it couldn't be implemented?

This list isn't the right place to suggest features. New ideas should
be logged on Ubuntu Brainstorm [1], the process is explained on the
Ubuntu wiki[2]. All features and bug fixes and anything that is
included in Ubuntu happens via packages in the Debian packaging
format, if you'd like to implement your ideas yourself, you might want
to consider learning packaging and/or becoming a MOTU[3].

-Jonathan

[1] http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Brainstorm
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU