The 9.10 boot loader progress bar

Brian Vidal Castillo dael99 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 02:58:09 UTC 2010

We don't want text-based bootloaders... that's why Cannonical is orking
really hard with plymouth, xsplash and even usplash.

Having that set of indicators will help for sure. I have seen my laptop
stops after a kernel upgrade, so this way i could know what's the problem.

This will be even better than a progress bar. Just a nice background in
Xsplash with Ubuntu AND the version and then the icons on bottom, when
they are all light up, my system is ready. Simple and beautiful.

Could not be more perfect.