rebuilding apache with debugging symbols

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at
Mon Jan 11 09:35:36 UTC 2010

Hey David,

David Hawthorne [2010-01-06 11:23 -0800]:
> I'd like to recreate the build process for the apache2-mpm-prefork
> package so I can create an identical copy of it with debugging
> symbols, so I can debug a module I'm trying to write.  I couldn't
> find any logs online of the build process, the flags you use, or how
> the package itself is created.

Before doing this, you could also just use the readymade debug symbol

See for details.

Martin Pitt                        |
Ubuntu Developer (  | Debian Developer  (