making a workaround web page for bugs, in LTS release, not fixed

Markus Hitter mah at jump-ing.de
Thu Jan 7 20:06:52 UTC 2010

Am 07.01.2010 um 12:53 schrieb Marco Pallotta:

> we cannot ignore this user perception and I think we have to study
> to try to fix it (also because LTS has seen as a sort of a very
> stable release).

To use some of Mark's words: I agree with you wholeheartedly.

> So the bug triager [...] should have to select (just sending it to
> a web page maintainer)  which workaround, [...]

Likely, this can be automated.  Put a checkmark "This is a
workaround" to bug report postings and some daemon can collect those
to display them on the help page (and making them more accessible to
Google). At worst, a triager would have to cut&paste partial
workarounds or descriptions hosted elsewhere into a single post, so
the additional burden should be manageable.

Excellent idea, Marco.

Cheers,
Markus