bad virtaal packaging?

Lucian Adrian Grijincu lucian.grijincu at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 18:24:33 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm sending this email here because you're listed as package
maintainer for virtaal:
  Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com>

If you look at http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/v/virtaal/
you'll see that the:
* source package version is 0.5.1.
* binary package version is 0.4.1 (no source package available)

The sources were uploaded more than two weeks ago but the binary
packages were never built.

I think there's an error in debia/changelog:
the first line says:
    virtaal (0.5.1-1) unstable; urgency=low

This was valid in Debian were it was first debianized, but not here.
We'd need something like
    virtaal (0.5.1-1ubuntu1) lucid; urgency=low

The same problem is in translate-toolkit
it's
   translate-toolkit (1.5.2-1) unstable; urgency=low
but should be
   translate-toolkit (1.5.2-1ubuntu1) lucid; urgency=low

Can you advise what I should do, who should I contact to get this fixed?
I can repackage them if needed (I have a few PPAs), but I don't know
who to contact to get them uploaded.

--
 .
..: Lucian