Firestarter (Chris Jones)

Krzysztof Klimonda kklimonda at ubuntu.com
Sun Aug 29 14:27:01 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-08-29 at 11:42 +0200, Davyd McColl wrote:
> I think perhaps we have different views on what constitutes
> "maintenance". As libraries that Firestarter depends on progress,
> someone will need to maintain the package to make sure that it
> installs correctly and works correctly. That's what "maintenance" on a
> stable package means. Yes, it works -- for now -- but any package,
> left alone in a dynamic system, will eventually fall behind and cease
> to work.

But, at least for now, it works and some people are still using it [1].
Removing it from archive will force those people to find alternatives
and migrate to them. In my opinion as long as application actually works
(even if it provides only a subset of features underlying system has) it
shouldn't be removed without a good cause.

Cheers,
 KK

[1] http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=firestarter