Compress option for btrfs during installation

Alex Aster rusnginx at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 11:01:32 UTC 2010

Hello,

I suggest to implement "compress"-mount option (for btrfs) with other
options like noatime, etc. in the install procedure.
I have installed btrfs on / (/boot is separately), and to enable compress I
have added this option in fstab after full installation.
To compress all installed files I have renamed all folders any copied.
Example:
rename "/share" to "/share_old"
then create "/share" and copy all files and folders from share_old.

1) After this procedure with all folders I have more space on core folder:
before compression: used 3.2GB,
after compression and copy - 2.0GB
2) all programs theoretically must starts quickly.

With this option during installation we can avoid such procedure after
installation.