q: development status of procmail

Peter Jakobi jakobi at acm.org
Sat Sep 5 15:23:42 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'd  like  to  know the current development status of procmail,  as  I
hadn't  much luck in reporting a regex bug recently. Is there still  a
live upstream or is the historic procmail.org all that remains?

Thanx for an update on this issue,
Peter

FIY: Background:

With  a  the perceived lack of development and maintenance I'm also  a
quite a bit concerned about say UTF8, which was way less of a topic in
era  2001,  but  is  increasing and matching  against  encoded  header
strings in utf8 might become more than just nice-to-have.

(And  NO: restriciting matching in classic procmail recipe fashion  to
ascii  is increasingly insufficient: e.g. allow for just a measly half
a  dirty dozen of umlauts. Quoted is bad enough, but the mailer  might
choose  to  encode the entire header. The only thing that's  worse  is
chars above 0x80 in headers and body and no sender-provided indication
at  all for either latin or UTF8.... And umlauts nicely differ in utf8
vs  latin; and there's enough Asian full UTF8 spam around to _not_ add
recipes trying to outguess bad senders in order to auto-decode UTF8)

--
cu
Peter
jakobi at acm.org