Ubuntu-devel-discuss Digest, Vol 35, Issue 54

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Mon Oct 26 19:25:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:16:31 -0500
solaris manzur <sl.solaris at gmail.com> wrote:

> >   1. Re: cancel the 9.10 release... it is not ready (Markus Hitter)
> >

> I agree we should cancel it and deliver 9.12 in a week or so.. it is better
> because it is the time and we still have bugs in kernel, when changing icon
> set they are not well applied, ISO files are not well mounted, some icons
> are lost from "main menu" which is actually a bug since canonical just
> wanted to take icons off context menus and many many more...

Perhaps a little more time looking at how the release numbers are
actually used would be beneficial. 9.12 would really be released in
December of 2009, not a week or two from mow.

Ubuntu tries real hard to maintain a 6-month release schedule. 9.10 is
released in the 10th month of 2009.

--
Charlie Kravetz