upgrade from 9.04 - 9.10: the most broken Ubuntu / Debian upgrade I have ever experienced

Shentino shentino at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 00:13:55 UTC 2009

Here comes the rumor mill...

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/09/11/03/2211231/Some-Early-Adopters-Stung-By-Ubuntus-Karmic-Koala

There seems to be a general consensus that, overall, the ubuntu team as a
whole bungled this release.  Whether that's true or not I reserve judgement
on until my CD arrives in the mail and I can see for myself.  But the
impression is clearly there, deserved or otherwise.

Thus far though, tip top shape, especially on LTS versions, has been par for
the course, but I'm probably going to agree that ubuntu bogeyed this time.
 I think we could all chip-in a bit and buff out the rough spots in time for
lucid.

I'd consider the recent flames and attacks to be a wee bit out of bounds
though.  That sort of thing only drives us apart as a community.