upgrade from 9.04 - 9.10: the most broken Ubuntu / Debian upgrade I have ever experienced

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 3 19:18:31 UTC 2009

Derek Broughton [2009-11-03 11:17 -0400]:
> I've never seen a release with so few questions on the user lists.  Seems
> like it's been pretty reliable to me.

Well, the bug tracker is full of regression and other reports. Karmic
indeed was meant from the start as a "crack dump" release, with lots
and lots of new technology going into it. So in a way, it was the
Fedora of Ubuntu releases so far.

Perhaps we should have announced that more clearly...

At least we now have a full cycle ahead of us to do bug fixing. :)

Martin