The awesome software sources adding feature

Vincenzo Ciancia ciancia at di.unipi.it
Mon May 11 09:17:58 UTC 2009

Il giorno gio, 07/05/2009 alle 09.14 -0700, Dylan McCall ha scritto:

> So, in getting that rolling, I copied over sources.list from my
> desktop
> to my netbook. Noticed I could open that file with Software Sources!
> The
> program promptly appeared, offering to add all those repositories to
> my
> list automatically and then refresh.
>
> That was awesome. Why haven't I seen the functionality used before?
> Install directions with repositories involved look completely hostile
> right now, but this resolves the issue perfectly.

The functionality of saving the apt sources and of saving the full
package selection from synaptic should be merged: it takes a very small
effort to clone an ubuntu system that way. Are there hurdles that I
don't see?

V.

--
It is also important to note that hedgehogs do not actually hurt each
other when they get close to one another. Actually, when living in