Ubuntu Gaming Team

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Sat May 2 20:54:36 UTC 2009

Op vrijdag 01-05-2009 om 03:32 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Philip
Wyett:
> On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 03:36 +0200, Jan Claeys wrote:
> > Op woensdag 29-04-2009 om 11:51 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Philip
> > Wyett:
> > > - I have been subscribed since yesterday and these lists are spam
> > >   heaven. Launchpad list control is better by my experience. I am very
> > >   sure I have not won 2 million euro. ;-)
> >
> > I hope you weren't planning to become the mailing list moderator for
> > your team, because you'll get *a lot* more spam if you do...  :-P

> Excuse me? Robust discussion is good, this is not appropriate.

I was just trying to warn for the spam one gets as a list-admin, because
AFAICS Canonical doesn't filter most of that (and rightly so; as the
list-admin you're PoC for people having trouble to mail the list).

> > In any case, a good spam filter does wonders.

> Bogofilter is currently learning how fun the Debian lists concerned can
> be and will catch up soon. :-)

Right, within 1 week you won't see most of it anymore.  ;-)

--
Jan Claeys