Call for Jaunty testers (PulseAudio stability-related)

Daniel Chen seven.steps at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 11:11:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 5:28 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am an end-user with no development experience. Would my input in
> testing still be valuable? If so, then how can I start? Simply
> pointing me to the relevant documentation for enabling the kernel you
> mentioned would be a start.

Start by installing the kernel for your given architecture. You can
click the link for one of the debs, and Ubuntu will handle the rest
for you, although I recommend that you save the deb instead of
installing it immediately via gdebi.

I recommend that you verify that the SHA256SUM is correct after
downloading the deb. I have placed a GPG-signed SHA256SUM.asc file in
that directory. Open a Terminal, and type:

sha256sum <filename>

where <filename> is the path to the linux-image...deb that you
downloaded. Make sure the sums match.

> Once I get it up, what should I test? Should I just open different
> audio applications (Amarok, Skype, VLC) and try to play some files?

Yes, please attempt to reproduce bug 330814 and/or bug 344057 using
whatever "normal" usage patterns.

Please remember that I am only interested in PulseAudio *stability*
changes, not whether PulseAudio is inaudible, etc.

-Dan