Call for Jaunty testers (PulseAudio stability-related)

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 09:28:15 UTC 2009

> We're all aware that the migration to PulseAudio has been less than
> smooth. I don't need to explain that several glaring audio aberration
> and stability symptoms remain in current Jaunty. The good news is that
> there's light at the end of the tunnel.
>
> I've built test kernels (sorry, no headers yet) for i386 and amd64
> containing work to stabilise the hw-ptr as exposed to userspace
> applications. They are available at http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~dtchen/
>
> Reports so far have been extremely positive. With additional feedback,
> we can finally put the linux task of bug 330814 to rest.
>
> Thanks for understanding and testing!

I am an end-user with no development experience. Would my input in
testing still be valuable? If so, then how can I start? Simply
pointing me to the relevant documentation for enabling the kernel you
mentioned would be a start.

Once I get it up, what should I test? Should I just open different
audio applications (Amarok, Skype, VLC) and try to play some files?

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il