KDE update

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Mar 4 08:50:32 UTC 2009

Can someone please explain to me why I'm asked to download 32.2Mb of an
update that has as a description:

    "No change rebuild to satisfy build dependency for kdepim security
    update"

What I'm really asking is these three different questions:

   1. Why am I downloading something that is no different from the
      previous version. As I understand the packaging system, any update
      to kdepim should be more than able to cope with being part of a
      specific version using depends and requires.
   2. Why am I downloading that much data for just version number
      changes, if that's really all that is changing?
   3. Why am I downloading these updates when I don't actually have
      kdepim installed at all?

I'm all for keeping my system up-to-date, but this seems like such a
waste of time and effort for all involved, more like a $EA or NOP from
6502 days ;-)

PS: Running intrepid

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Bigpond NextG at S31°54'06" - E115°50'39" (Yokine, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..