Default font size in gnome

Mackenzie Morgan macoafi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 00:23:12 UTC 2009

On Saturday 28 February 2009 5:12:11 pm Felix Miata wrote:
> Even if all existing systems had accurate DPI, web designers would still
have
> no more business using pt for sizing web page text than they do px. They
> should only be using em to size text, with the option to size other things
in
> %, leaving it up to each user to determine the appropriate size of his em.
> Both px and pt totally disregard a user's determination of appropriate em
size.

And here I thought the wonderful thing about em for web designers was the
abillity to size div's and p's based on them.  If you've ever noticed LaTeX's
giant margins, they do that so that only a certain number of characters (I
think it's in the 60s) fit on a line, because when there are more characters
than that, it becomes more difficult to read (reach the end of a line, scroll
eyes horizontally really far and then...accidentally re-read the same line or
skip a line or...which line was I on?).

--
Mackenzie Morgan
apt-get moo