No subject

Vincenzo Ciancia ciancia at di.unipi.it
Tue Jun 30 09:06:12 UTC 2009

On gio, 2009-06-25 at 19:33 +1000, chris jackson wrote:

> Hi -I am trying to install an adobe flash plugin to my ubuntu program
> but a window keeps coming up saying that I need a password to grant
> administrative rights.How do I get this password???  Chris Jackson

Hi Chris

this is the wrong mailing list, the support mailing list is
ubuntu-users, not ubuntu-devel-discuss. However the solution to your
problem is simple: you need to use *your own* password; this will work
if your user is an administrator of the machine, which surely happens
for the user you create during installation. If you did not install
ubuntu just ask who installed it.

You can also install flash only for your user if the administrator can't
be contacted, just go to the adobe web site and follow instructions for
linux instead of using the automated system for firefox, which tries to
install flash for all users.

Vincenzo