about empathy as the default IM application

Andrew SB a.starr.b at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 19:26:37 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Andrew
Sayers<andrew-ubuntu-devel at pileofstuff.org> wrote:
> I've not been able to find any discussion of Empathy online before this
> week, and I can't find it in the schedules or the list of discussions.
> Could you point to somewhere that the arguments are laid out?
>
>        - Andrew

It can be hard to keep up with all the different news and on-goings,
but this is hardly out of no where. See:

Blue print about this registered on 2008-08-01:
https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/replace-pidgin-with-empathy

In depth usability study done in August 2008:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EmpathyVsPidginUsability

Call for testing on this list on Aug 8, 2008:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-discuss/2008-August/005070.html

Just a couple of many forum threads:

Info on remote UDS participation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UDSKarmic/RemoteParticipation