Gnome is falling behind in Karmic--

Dmitrijs Ledkovs dmitrij.ledkov at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 04:11:12 UTC 2009

2009/6/15 Dean Loros <autocrosser1 at gmail.com>:
> Talking in the forums it has been noted that Gnome will be at 2.27-3 by
> mid this week...Whilst we are still at 2.26---I was wondering if there
> are problems with bringing the new stuff in?
>
> --
> Dean Loros
> Performance by Design Ltd.
> autocrosser at ubuntuforums.org

Gnome follows major, odd/even releases. 2.27.3 will be 3 alpha
milestone of a 27 UNSTABLE & EXPERIMENTAL release for developers. the
2.27 series will eventually (somewhere in september) will become a
STABLE 2.28 release.

Karmic will ship with 2.28. If you really want to run 2.27.X gnome you
can run Karmic Alpha's (currently at alpha 2). This Karmic Alpha is
not production ready release either. So expect a lot of brekage,
regressions and instability. Afterall it has new X.org kernel unstable
Gnome and etc.

We are not behind, we are using the latest stable 2.26 release of
gnome in a stable release and playing around with experimental gnome
in our development release.

--
With best regards

Dmitrijs Ledkovs (for short Dima),