shameful censoring of mono opposition

Christopher Olah christopherolah.co at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 23:42:59 UTC 2009

> I hope you get rid of MONO. only then can your reputations be restored.

I'm sorry... You want Ubuntu to drop a FOSS program because it's
developers are allegedly being problematic? I can't follow this train
of thought.

I don't think Mono is a particularly useful language myself, but
people are using it and Canonical (and the FOSS community at large)
not providing an implementation would just make people more locked
into MS.

> I see you are shooting the messenger, steve.

I might not be Steve, but I think you're over reacting...

And  argumentum ad hominem is a logical fallacy, anyways.

> the MONO camp has infiltrated canonical and now they are going around
> censoring anything that proves MONO to be the poison that it is.

I haven't had time to research your claims, but I'm inclined to say
that if people are being censored it can be rectified without this
sort of inflammatory response. Namely, the fact that people are aware
of these claims means that situation will be rectified.