Ubuntu Desktop Unit Consistency (LP: #369525)

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Wed Jun 3 13:43:24 UTC 2009

Christopher Chan wrote:

> You've completely missed what the whole thread is about. The age old and
> faulty convention is base2 for space and file sizes. That is what the
> Ubuntu team wants to get rid of. But thanks for supporting my 'argument'
> anyway. :-P

I can't quite understand how _you_ have missed that this thread is actually
about your refusal to concede that only dinosaur geeks want to keep KB and
MB to show powers of 2.  You're 100% right that the base2 convention is
faulty - and have utterly failed to show any reason why we shouldn't correct
the fault.  It's _not_ however true that it was ever universally used - and
that's why its faulty.
--
derek