The google custom search - and the invasion of the multisearch

Vincenzo Ciancia ciancia at di.unipi.it
Sun Jul 26 13:42:07 UTC 2009

The worst thing of it all is that whenever ubuntu touches firefox (e.g.
I installed today the italian localization because when I installed
karmic it was not available) it OVERWRITES MY SETTINGS WITH YOURS. I
call this hammering and normally would ban the user, except that I can't
yet ban ubuntu from my pc. So I wasted time to fix my own installation
editing about:config, now I have to redo that. Ubuntu went way too far.
Hope this will be honestly considered a bug and fixed.

V.