Offering sponsorship to the active developers of Edubunty

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 16 08:42:38 BST 2009

Hi Alex

Alex Dedul wrote:
> I want to offer a sponsorship to the active developers of Edubunty. I
> want to see contributions so far for active developers and pay them
> for the work they done so far. Also i want to pay them for any further
> active work on the Edubunty.

Thanks for your offer, but personally I don't think there will be anyone
that's interested. Those who have done the most work on Edubuntu has
either already been paid for their work or they have had no financial
intention for doing the work.

> Speaking about my reasons and intensions - this out of the goodness of
> my heart. You can read up more about my intensions here
> http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/90brb/creating_a_company_to_develop_maintain_and/c0b1ce2
> .

Well, if you'd want to spend money on Edubuntu specifically somehow, I
suggest you try to find a way to do it in a way that you can in your own
capacity. You could, for instance, print a big bunch of Edubuntu add-on
CD's and distribute them. Shipit doesn't send them anymore so there is a
need for it, and you don't need any kind of permission to distribute
Edubuntu.

-Jonathan