Reporting usability problems: please be more tolerant when you triage bugs!

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 22 19:18:30 UTC 2009

On mer., 2009-07-22 at 18:47 +0200, Vincenzo Ciancia wrote:
> However, it is very easy that a developer does not recognise an
> usability-related bug report, and confuses it with a more or less
> strange support request, and I often have to discuss to have it
> accepted
> as a bug.

The issue is that Ubuntu doesn't write most of the softwares it
distribute and the current team doesn't have the manpower to work on
those and isn't well placed to decide on behavior changes that should be
done a software they are not writing. Ideally submitters would open
those bugs upstream too and argue directly there.

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher