What do you think about the signal:noise ratio? A survey.

Andrew Sayers andrew-ubuntu-devel at pileofstuff.org
Fri Jan 23 11:19:02 UTC 2009

I have created a survey looking at this list's signal:noise ratio at
http://pileofstuff.org/ubuntu-survey/ - please take a few minutes to
fill it in, so we can better decide how to tackle the issue.

Ubuntu developers tend to complain about the ratio of signal to noise on
the Ubuntu-devel-discuss mailing list - that is, the percentage of posts
that take up their time without helping them to improve Ubuntu. Many
developers have apparently unsubscribed from the list for that reason.
This survey assesses the degree to which that actually occurs, why it
occurs, and what we can do about it.

Thanks to all the people that replied yesterday - the survey should be
more usable and informative as a result of your ideas.

	- Andrew